Wednesday 12 March 2014

Harris: I want Moneypenny in action

Harris: I want Moneypenny in action











/>
Naomie Harris stars as Miss Moneypenny in the Bond films

Naomie Harris has promised she won't let Miss Moneypenny be left stuck behind a desk in the new James Bond film.The actress made her debut as a Bond girl in Skyfall in 2012, where she was seen working alongside Daniel Craig's Bond as field agent Eve. At the end of the film it was revealed her name was Moneypenny and she retired from field work to become M's secretary, as Miss Moneypenny has traditionally been seen in many of the 007 movies.

But Naomie said: "I definitely think she needs to be in the action, in the midst of things.
"I'm all about empowered women so I really hope so. I'll push for that for sure."
In the meantime the 37-year-old actress, who was most recently seen as Winnie Mandela in The Long Walk To Freedom, revealed she was about to go on her first skiing holiday in the French Alps.
She said: "I'm not working at the moment actually, I'm off skiing, so I'm on a nice break at the moment, I'm off to Chamonix. It'll be my first time [on the slopes]."
Naomie is also hoping Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom does well at the Baftas, and is backing U2 to win the Oscar for best song for their track Ordinary Love, which they composed for the film.
She said: "They are so lovely, they're so down to earth, we got to spend a lot of time with them and they're such lovely, lovely people and I really want them to win. And obviously I want us to win the Bafta as well."
Press Association

No comments:

Post a Comment