Thursday 7 May 2015

Fashion: Actress Naomie Harris works the spotlight -You magazine

Fashion: Actress Naomie Harris works the spotlight

Pirates of the Caribbean star Naomie turns the glamour on full beam to model the season’s most scintillating party pieces


Fashion
Naomie know-how
Actress and face of Hoss Intropia Naomie Harris, 32, jetted in from filming a
new BBC drama in 
South Africa for the YOU photo shoot. Next year she stars in
the action film Ninja Assassin, and she’ll begin filming the dramatisation of
Andrea Levy’s 
Small Island in February.
Describe your style...
Eclectic. For day, I’m quite bohemian. I love all things bright and Indian-inspired – I could live in long floaty skirts. For evening, I go for a more structured look.
Which designer would you turn to for a red-carpet gown?
Nicole Miller uses great prints and lots of colours – very me. My favourite outfit was a long pink Marchesa dress I wore to the 2006 Baftas. I was so nervous that night because I’d been nominated [for the Orange Rising Star Award], but I felt really comfortable in that dress.
Whose style do you admire?
I always look at Helen Mirren and Judi Dench and think, ‘I hope I look as good as them in 30 years!’ 
How did the partnership with Hoss Intropia come about?
They contacted me and when I saw the clothes – the patterns and the way they are cut – I knew we’d be great together.
Flats or heels?
Off duty, flats, but nothing beats a pair of Jimmy Choos for a night out.
Your wardrobe stars?
My Rock and Republic jeans and a multicoloured silk top I bought in a Miami salon where I was having my nails done.
What’s the most you’ve spent on an item of clothing?
I spent £500 on a Prada coat, but it’s too warm for summer and not warm enough for winter. Plus it has lots of silly buttons. 
Are you a hoarder or shedder?
I keep everything. The problem with me and my clothes is that we’ve been all over the world together, and, you know, it hurts to say goodbye…
How do you keep in shape?
I got into the Gyrotonic system [which combines yoga, pilates and qigong] while in Florida filming Miami Vice. I’ve also had pole-dancing lessons – a great work-out, every woman should try it!

Clothes and shoes throughout by Hoss Intropia, tel: 020 7287 3569, hossintropia.com


Fashion

 



Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-1093100/Fashion-Actress-Naomie-Harris-works-spotlight.html#ixzz3ZTrMsAC2
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment