Wednesday 23 December 2015

Women's Health EXCLUSIVE: 6 ways to live more holistically by Naomie Harris









One chat with James Bond's


Moneypenny AKA Naomie Harris and


you'll be copying her zen techniques


By Francesca Menato 
 Next article




© Getty
The world of Naomie Harris is as fast-
paced and adrenaline fuelled as it gets. In
 fact, we wouldn't be surprised if 'drama 
was a non-negotiable in her film contracts 
(Spectre, Mandela - I think we've made
 our point). But to meet her you'd think it 
was all water off a ducks back.

We say that not as a nod to any arrogance
 or expectation, but more a sense of 
unflappable calm; Naomie is a 
professional 
actress and she looks after herself.

So how can you have a bit of
 Moneypenny's serenity? Once you've
 stolen her food and exercise diary, try these life
 lessons we picked out from our chat with the star.

1/ EXERCISE IS NOTHING 

WITHOUT SLEEP


I think everyone focuses a lot on do you
 exercise, but I think if you’re only having 
five hours sleep a night – then it doesn’t 
really matter.
You’re probably doing yourself a
 disservice. I think sleeping is
 incredibly important 
and specifcally good quality sleep.

2/ EMOTIONAL WELLNESS 

IS AS IMPORTANT AS

PHYSICAL WELLNESS

We’re always talking about health but I
 think it's really important to remember
 actually health is much broader than just 
what we do with our bodies.

Our minds and our emotions, they 
exercise such incredible impacts on our 
bodies.

3/ CLEAR UP GRIEVANCES


It’s essential to be emotionally healthy
and clear up grievances with people - that 
kind of thing can be really taxing on you 
mentally and it ends up effecting you 
physically as well.

4/ REMEMBER TO BE 

GRATEFUL

My morning ritual is a gratitude ritual and 
it’s my nighttime ritual as well.

I always say five things that I’m really 
grateful for: grateful for my health, 
grateful for my family, grateful to be
 working, to have had a safe night's 
sleeps; grateful for my bed.
I just try and have as much gratitude as
 possible, that’s incredibly important.

5/ STAY TRUE TO 

YOURSELF


I am very, very grateful that I am playing
 Moneypenny and she is a new kickass, 
badass – out there going toe-to-toe with 
Bond.

Moneypenny, that’s just so much better 
for me [than a conventional Bond girl].
I feel so much happier playing that kind 
of role and so much more comfortable 
playing that kind of role.

6/ DON'T MOTIVATE WITH 

NEGATIVITY


Being bullied at school was one of the
 greatest driving forces later in life - I was
 always thinking, "Right I’m going to show
 you, you tried to make me feel worthless 
and I’m going to show you I’m worth 
something and I’m going to make a 
success of my life."

Then I realised that that actually isn’t
 very healthy, because it’s coming from a 
negative place.
The bullies probably don’t care! I decided
 a long time ago that it wasn't very 
healthy and then I just let that go.

It was in my past and it’s over now and 
thank goodness, I don’t have to go to 
school anymore!


Read more: http://www.womenshealthmag.co.uk/fitness/celebrity-body/4032/life-lessons-we-learnt-from-naomie-harris#ixzz3uR5ljVak

No comments:

Post a Comment